Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Handmaid's Take by Margaret Atwood


I just finished reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood ... FREAKY! It's definitely one of those books that creeps you out and you can't tell if you liked it or not. There were some parts that I really didn't love and almost put it down but they were short so I persevered. I also have an aversion to not finishing a book once it's started, it's kind of OCD. At the end, the most concrete thing I can say ... it's definitely interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Margaret Atwood, ever since I was about 12 and decided to read all of the authors in the library, starting with the A's. The Handmaid's Tale is her most famous book, and I think it's a fascinating and disturbing blend of feminist literature and sci-fi dystopia. A lot of her other books are feminist literature without the sci-fi. Oryx and Crake is pure sci-fi, also dystopian. The Blind Assassin is "real world" but has a second, sci-fi novel woven into the main story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I quickly realized that the alphabetical method might not be the best approach to reading great literature!

    ReplyDelete